Put simply we specialise in getting systems and applications talking to each other. This may be two large computer systems, an old system with a new mobile application to woo your customer or simply a regular file that you receive that needs to be automatically uploaded and moved to another location at the same time every day.
Application integration (sometimes called enterprise application integration or EAI) is the process of bringing data or a function from one application program together with that of another application program. Where these programs already exist, the process is sometimes realized by using middleware, either packaged by a vendor or written on a custom basis. A common challenge for companies of all sizes is to integrate an existing (or legacy) program with a new program or with a web service program of another company.
So what are the benefits?
Effective application integration can provide your organization with the following important business benefits:
- Introduce new applications and technologies more efficiently and at a lower cost
- More easily modify and automate business processes to meet new needs
- Provide more delivery channels for your organization
- Replacing batch processing with real-time communication
- Linking back-office and ERP and others systems to new applications like CRM or front end ecommerce shops
- Sharing data between different systems e.g. Windows and Web applications via EDI, XML or Web services
- Integrate with Java applications from a legacy system